Q: What forms of ID are required to hire from BPG?
A: Three forms of ID are needed:
2: Original Photographic ID's (Drivers license & Passport) If you don't carry these please contact us prior to your hire.
1: Original Proof of address (Utility bill/Bank Statement) No older than 3 months old
* We may ask for a refundable deposit at our discretion & we may also ask for further ID.
Q. What areas do you cover?
A. We operate primarily across Surrey, Kent & London however we will operate in most areas of the South East and further afield.
Q. Where are you based?
A. We are based in Caterham, Surrey
Q. Do you charge for delivery?
A. Yes we charge 60 pence per mile both for deliveries and collections.
We must have an adequate, safe & secure space to load and unload which is near the venue.
If there are there any parking restrictions / access problems we MUST be told before the date of your event. Parking permits and/or adequate parking space for the delivery vehicles must be arranged and paid for by the client prior to delivery. If this is not done and parking tickets occur, outside of our control, the cost will be passed on to the client. Our crew / driver has the right to reasonably refuse to offload at a venue if she/he deems conditions to be unsafe
Q. When do you require payment?
A. Payments are required in advance of the booking date. If you are booking some way in advance then a deposit will be required. All payments are due no less than 30 days prior to your booking.
Q. What happens if am late returning ?
A. You must call us immediately once you know that you will be returning late. All hired equipment must be returned or made available for collection at or before the time agreed. For each day or part day it remains outstanding the hirer will be charged the daily hire rate for each outstanding item.
Q. What happens if I have a technical problem?
A.Throughout your hire we give you an emergency mobile number. Please do call us no matter how small the problem. If necessary we will come out to you to resolve any issue that cannot be done over the phone. We also have Facetime capability to assist with questions.
Q. Are you insured?
A. Yes. We carry full public liability insurance up to £5 million.
Q. Is the equipment safe?
A. Yes, all equipment is PAT tested regularly. If you require evidence of testing then please contact us a minimum of 7 days before your booking.
Q. What if am looking to hire some sound or lighting equipment but i cant see it on your website?
A. If there is something in particular that you are looking for and can't find it on our website, give us a call or send us an email.
Q. Do you use any hire contacts & what are your hire T&C's
A. All hires are subject to our conditions of Hire, copies of which are available on request (Hire contract can be found below**). We reserve the right to change prices and specifications without notice. All equipment remains the property BPG Sound and Lighting. A hirer cannot export, sell, lease, lend, sub-hire, modify (speaker drivers are checked) or dispose of any equipment, furthermore the location of all equipment must always be made known to us. Under UK law there are two basic terms that constitute a binding agreement. The verbal agreement will be binding if there was an agreement on the services to be performed and an agreement was reached on remuneration for this service. This agreement can be reached by a verbal exchange in person, via telephone or via an email.
BPG Hire Booking Terms & Conditions
1) When requesting a booking, BPG will send you a formal quotation along with Terms and Conditions. You must send a minimum of 20% deposit within fourteen days to secure your booking. Please make all cheques payable to BPG Sound and Lighting or send via BACS payment to the following account.
Upon receipt of the deposit we will send a booking confirmation letter.
2) If the booking form and deposit are not received within 7 days of the date
when the booking was requested, we reserve the right to accept other
3) The outstanding balance must be received at least 4 weeks prior to
the function date. Failure to comply with this condition will
result in the immediate termination of the contract.
4) Cancellations within 30 days of the event will still require 100% of the total fee to be paid / kept to / by BPG Sound and Lighting unless an alternative booking for the same date and value can be made.
Cancellations between 31 - 180 days before an event date require 50% of the total fee to be paid to BPG Sound and Lighting unless an alternative booking for the same date and value can be made.
You will not have to pay the balance if you notify BPG Sound and Lighting 180 days or more before the event date.
ALL BOOKING FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
5) We require access to the function room at least one hour prior to the start time to
set up our equipment. If there are access problems which were not previously
advised to us by the client (i.e. venue is upstairs), we may apply a surcharge
of up to £50, to be paid in cash before we remove any equipment from our
6) It is the client's responsibility to ensure that the function room is equipped
with at least one standard unshared 13 amp 240 volt power socket and also a
table for our use.
7) The client will ensure there is adequate supervision of guests, customers
and staff at the venue, and will be liable for any loss of or damage to, our
equipment, vehicles or personal belongings, whether caused by the client,
guests, customers or staff.
8) We will conduct ourselves in a proper and professional manner at the venue, and
will respond to the client's requests regarding volume, music and any other
9) If we deem our persons or property to be under threat, verbally or
physically, we reserve the right to terminate our services without notice.
Should this happen, no refunds will be made.
10) Requests for extra time will be granted where feasible, subject to
venue restrictions & the agreement of venue officials where appropriate.
Overtime will be charged at the rate of £75 per hour inc VAT
11) Upon the conclusion of the function, we will require approximately thirty to
minutes to remove our equipment and vacate the premises.
12) In the event of a delay or loss of performance due to events beyond our
control, the client is still liable for the full outstanding balance.
Acceptance of your booking via e mail or telephone and us receiving payment for your booking means that you accept our terms and Conditions above in full.